We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

A shocking lack of humanity!

Flak999

Likes # 0

What is the reason that ordinary people would disregard this small child in desperate need of help. What does it say about humanity that two drivers can run over this child and leave her to die in the road, and many passers by just look the other way?

Chinese toddler

I warn you this video is distressing!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

LanceAlot

"When you're cornered you can turn very nasty indeed"

Yet again you've descended into personal abuse. It's not acceptable here, and as someone who professes to know what motivates 'good debaters' I'm surprised that you appear not to know it. Are you seriously suggesting that you have 'cornered' me? If you are, I would be interested to learn what it is you've said that has done that - so far I've seen nothing but wildly sweeping generalisations and personal insults.

As for "how many years did you live in China for you to know so much about the Chinese character?" who said I lived there? It certainly wasn't me. I have travelled to and from China to work for many years, and over time I have come to meet many Chinese nationals, and have been entertained in their homes. I have seen them at work and at play, and I've travelled fairly extensively into several Chinese regions. I don't profess to be an expert on China, or the Chinese people, but I certainly know enough about them to be able to say that your statement to the effect that the people "have absolutely no courage and their humanity has been squashed like a rotten tomato." is ridiculous.

When you made that statement I responded by saying that if you can make such a generalisation you obviously know little or nothing about the nature of the Chinese people. In effect that's all I said. Your response has been to subject me to personal insult and innuendo. If that's your idea of a debate I suggest you do some research into the meaning of the word.

I suggested to you that you try to justify your position by way of reasoned argument, but you have made no attempt to do so, you've simply resorted to rudeness.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

FE - regarding China, and what we know about it. I would suggest that nobody in Great Britain could name more than 2 cities, 2 rivers, 2 mountain ranges, 2 shop-chains, 2 football teams, 2 prisons, 2 TV personalities, 2 ....it's a Dark country.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...then again that could apply to Belgium or Switzerland.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

AitchBEE ~ I think that you'd be on much 'firmer ground' if you were to have written "not many people in Great Britain" instead of "nobody".

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite