We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

People of the world,rise up!

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

"On October 15th, we will meet on the streets to initiate the global change we want. We will peacefully demonstrate, talk and organize until we make it happen."

Can anyone tell me how these people are going to 'make it happen', and what 'it' is?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

If this 'stupid' act occurred in Liverpool, Belfast, or Edinburgh it would be laughed at.Get these * *. now!

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

Sorry, morddwyd, I had been thinking about the two quotes below, taken from Forum Editor's previous post, that seemed to suggest they were unemployed, on benefits, whereas we were all working to pay for them.

I have no personal knowledge of the protesters concerned and thought maybe FE's experience was a better gauge.

I certainly did not mean to imply anything derogatory.

" they love a good protest, and the chance to relieve the boredom that fills the spaces between benefit payments"

"making a general nuisance of themselves while the rest of us work hard to provide most of them with the money they spend"

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

asterisks 'remove them with force' if need be.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

In the 60's, we tried, then we smoked a bit and tried again.

It didn't work then and it won't make a blind bit of difference now.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Have the protesters got a local sandwich bar...they must be makin' a bomb.

Like this post
bluesbrother

Likes # 0

These protestors may not know how to solve the economic problems of the world but they do know that their government only seems to be papering over the cracks.

These people represent the silent majority who shake their heads over their morning papers.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

"If the majority is silent how do you know what makes it shake its head in the morning?"

Perhaps using a bit of common sense or intuition?.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

All movements with cogent whatsits started with the idea the status quo wasn't/isn't right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32Ty1mvtnU8

May I call your attention to the song at 2 minutes and 25 seconds. One instance of profanity.

;)

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

badgery

I did make the point that I was sure there are a few very sincere and deep-thinking people among the protesters. There always are, but often there's a far bigger number of people who are simply there for the ride - people who just enjoy the chance to sit around for a while, talking anarchy,and generally having a good time.

Many of them are supported financially by the rest of us, and have no intention of changing that situation. It should come as no great surprise that lots of us who work for a living (and support them financially) find it a tad irritating to see these people being interviewed on the ten o'clock news, and realise that they have nothing much to say at all. They spout vaguely about 'redistribution of wealth' as if they had the faintest idea what that might entail.

Like this post
Grey Goo

Likes # 0

The people of the World have risen up, more accurately two fingers have risen up. Everyone wants a solution to the current problems and as long as that solution screws someone else and not them ,that's just fine.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks