We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

People of the world,rise up!

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

"On October 15th, we will meet on the streets to initiate the global change we want. We will peacefully demonstrate, talk and organize until we make it happen."

Can anyone tell me how these people are going to 'make it happen', and what 'it' is?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Where do you get £40 billion from?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Rick'scafe - I cannot understand your first sentence. VAT increases target purchasers of all income. Those who spend more pay more VAT.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Maybe we should all have taken notice of what our grand-fathers taught us. "If you can't afford it don't buy it" I was always brought up to believe that if I wanted something and had the cash to buy it, then o.k. buy it. If I didn't have the cash to buy it then do without, until you did have the cash to buy it. This has always worked well for me. I have never been in debt for anything in my life, except when buying my house. I have no intention of ever going into debt. I have never borrowed money in my life except to buy my house. That did nothing but give me great worries until I paid it off.

How people can use a credit card just to buy Christmas presents etc. I can not understand. They deserve to get taken to the cleaners for being so stupid. Teach their kids that they can't always have what they want. I think it is this sort of thing only on a larger scale that has caused the present financial problems.

Maybe I have the wrong attitude, but I am o.k. financially now and have all the money I need. The thing that troubles me is maybe my money should be stuffed in the mattress and not in a bank account.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

If people of the world just sat down for five minutes,and had a think about what they were doing with their own lives, instead of following a 'popular cause', then there might be a bit of sanity breaking out.

It's difficult to tell other people what to do.

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

woolwell, VAT affects a higher proportion of poorer people's income.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Bingalau

Careful what you say about stuffing money in a mattress, didn't Ken Dodd and (Sir) Lester Piggott try that?.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Regarding VAT then it depends which publication you read. This is a fair and I think non-political view JRF. You have to look at it from the expenditure point of view.

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

fourm member "The human race has always moved forward as the result of the efforts of a very limited number of the population who, unlike the mass, did not allow themselves to be led by the nose into following whatever line was set for them."

And may we ask if you consider yourself to be part of the 'mass'? And if not, what sets you apart?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Morddwyd - "None of those were protests against financial equality" - Oh really?"

Yes, really. Those protests were against the ruling classes, not the financial classes, not the same thing at all.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

And who are the ruling classes, surely not the people with the most finance?.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...