We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

People of the world,rise up!

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

"On October 15th, we will meet on the streets to initiate the global change we want. We will peacefully demonstrate, talk and organize until we make it happen."

Can anyone tell me how these people are going to 'make it happen', and what 'it' is?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Just one question or should I say or two. After the Money is all distributed Will it stop Crime? Will it get rid of idle People who simply will not Work? Will it get rid of what we all suffer from Death? Will it get rid of starving people, not in my way of thinking, looking at how greedy people tend to be

Like this post
bob.

Likes # 0

Protesters to stay till 2012?

but will they will be kicked out before the Olympics

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2056679/St-Pauls-protesters-stay-New-Year-humiliating-climbdown-authorities.html

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

When the big freeze kicks in, as forecast for later in the month, these 'nature-lovers' will not like the cold, cold ground. - 20 degrees C will freeze their hot water bottles.I hope they watched 'Frozen Planet' last night!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

" When the big freeze kicks in..."

But will the church prove to be a charitable institution, and offer sanctuary?.

Like this post  
badgery

Likes # 0

The 'protest' seems to be having growing consequences, hardly reflecting the views spoken by some of the initial contributors to this thread :- 'nutters','they have no idea', 'fizzle out', 'rabble-rousers' etc etc.!

We now seem to have Archbishops, and leading politicians taking notice, as well as the Church setting up a group to look into financial and moral ethics. Hardly fits in with those earlier comments, I might suggest.

click here

It all looks as if it might 'run a while yet'?

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

fourm member "Thanks. I won the bet with myself."

Typical gambler, only brag when you say you won. Never hear about all the times you lose, you're a bookies dream!!

As usual, you then turn it into a political rant about Miliband when I was simply saying that this protest seems to be having effects.

There may be only a relative 'few' actually outside St Paul's - but that is the nature of long-term protest.

You also keep saying "What would they replace the system with?", when it's not necessarily the whole system that needs replacing - just more fairness in the overall distribution.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

badgery

"The 'protest' seems to be having growing consequences"

So far it has had no consequences in terms of the aims of the protesters, which were, I recall, to start a kind of populist tidal wave of revolutionary thinking. There has been a stir in the Church, but that is hardly going to bring about a radical change in the way society is organised, or even any change.

The truth is, as I have asserted all along, that the protesters have no coherent plan, no valid arguments, and no popular support amongst the people of this country, most of whom have a much better understanding of how the world must work than a few people camping in tents in the city of London. The city has gone about its business, and the only people who have been affected are those who simply wanted to enter their church to worship. They were affected, not by anything the protesters said, but by the actions of a few dithering church officials.

The Church of England can set up all the groups on moral and financial ethics it likes - people with commonsense will see such moves as attempts to stay 'in touch' with a dwindling congregation. If the church cared so deeply about such things it would have established such groups long before now.

The real gainers in all of this have been the media, who have been gifted a story to fill pages and transmission slots.

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

fourm member "Incidentally, you are also exploiting them for your own purposes"

Sorry, but what rubbish you do write, sometimes.

I was 'exploiting' nothing - I was only expressing my own opinion (is that not the raison d'etre for this forum?) - what possible reason would I have to wish to exploit anything or anyone?

As for what 'Occupy' have on their website, I cannot (and do not want to) comment - that is for them, not me.

I still feel that there are an awful lot of people who think the injustices are real, and even though not out protesting at St Paul's, are supportive of the overall principles being expounded - but obviously, on that point, both you and FE will naturally have to agree to differ with myself.

Like this post
pabby

Likes # 0

Isn't it good when the usual suspects gang up on one who differs from their point of view, every time. They twist their interpretation to fit and try to find one tiny flaw from the opposer and string it out to something they can attack on.

Never seen the FE say I was wrong. It hasn't fizzled out.

"I think time will tell that this will simply fizzle out. "

Like this post
robgf

Likes # 0

pabby

"Isn't it good when the usual suspects gang up on one who differs from their point of view, every time. They twist their interpretation to fit and try to find one tiny flaw from the opposer and string it out to something they can attack on."

Always happens. I have long suspected that one is an alter ego.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia