We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

People of the world,rise up!

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

"On October 15th, we will meet on the streets to initiate the global change we want. We will peacefully demonstrate, talk and organize until we make it happen."

Can anyone tell me how these people are going to 'make it happen', and what 'it' is?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Perhaps you only need to think Berlin Wall, Apartheid in South Africa, Barrios in South America, Middle East conflicts to see a few like minded people might all have a common interest, and one day Martin Luther King might have been right?."

None of those were protests against financial inequality.

Perhaps you only need to look at France in 1789 and Russia in 1917 to see how things don't change. The money men still run things.

Money talks.

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

morddwyd

The difference between 18/19/20th centuries and now is communications, and a more 'knowledgeable' populace, I might suggest.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Ask the average protester to point to Afghanistan on a map!

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

I think we have seen the almighty mess the 'knowledgeable populace' have made of the world with their greed and desire for wars; maybe its time we handed the world back to the unknowledgeable populace; they cannot make a bigger mess of it than the current arrogant encumbants

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

Morddwyd, maybe we could ask the average war mongerer to point to a weapon of mass destruction in Iraq or Afghanistan?

Like this post
LanceAlot

Likes # 0

You won't catch me trying to improve the planet and being concerned about its future.

What a bunch of losers.

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

Why is it that some people find the notion of a 'more' knowledgeable population to be somehow not possible?

Are you really saying that people (with all the facilities available today) are not more knowledgeable about world matters than they were in previous centuries?

That implies the human race is not moving forward, or it simply, possibly, means that some people see only themselves as 'knowledgeable' - and others are totally incapable of thought. Come down from the ivory tower.

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

fourm member I am aware there was no suggestion of WMDs in Afghanistan; just the same as I am aware there were no Afghanis amongst the hijackers of the planes on 9/11, all saudis I believe, wonder why we didn't them?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Not sure how WMDs are relevant?

We're talking about corporate greed, and the most profitable business in the world, where they make a lot of money - warfare.

WMDs are the last thing they want. Wipe out the enemy and you shorten the conflict. Then you stop making profits.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"maybe its time we handed the world back to the unknowledgeable populace; they cannot make a bigger mess of it than the current arrogant encumbants"

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but aren't the arrogant incumbents the people who were elected by the "unknowledgeable populace" of which you speak?

One of the things you learn as you go through life is that nobody gets it right all of the time. Democratic governments - of whatever political hue - are simply collections of people who try to tackle the monumental problems facing nations of millions of other people. Most politicians have no formal qualifications for the job they do - they learn as they go along. It's called democracy,and it's a far better option than the ludicrous alternative offered by groups of people with idealistic dreams of sitting around talking until 'we get what we want'.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014