We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot/Talking Point 540

Brumas

Likes # 0

Good Evening All. Methinks tis time for another GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD. As usual the postcard reveals no clues as it is unposted and has just a bog-standard divided back, no publisher or anything else to go on. click here

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Everything else would be white too if it was a china clay pit.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I think morddwyd is on the right track, but I think it is in the category of brickworks. I have not had the time to look at many - one at Ibstock is an example:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=mapperley+clay+workings&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=907&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=kv-syV6k7u2PfM:&imgrefurl=http://homepage.ntlworld.com/megan.zadik/vlhg/Visit%2520to%2520Ibstock.htm&docid=d7TI7iiUUbjHdM&imgurl=http://homepage.ntlworld.com/megan.zadik/vlhg/Visit%252520to%252520Ibstockfiles/image021.jpg&w=552&h=272&ei=tUKcTv7MGdHG8QO5K3wBQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=153&vpy=228&dur=243&hovh=157&hovw=320&tx=205&ty=92&sig=108768235673668381825&page=1&tbnh=93&tbnw=189&start=0&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The thin black 'stack' and two white roundish shapes on the RHS, would match up with your link pics, jb. I think we are getting there...

Like this post
badhair1963

Likes # 0

Haltwhistle Brickworks, Northumberland?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Surely not enough chimneys fo a brickworks? The ones I can remember have been veritable forests!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I think it's brickworks as well, but no idea where.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

The more I study it the more I realise I have absolutely no idea what and where the bloomin thing/place is ;o{

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

I'm still working on it,

Can't be many places with a River, a Bridge, a Tall Chimney and Three different types of Churches in the same view,

Can there?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

by 'types' of church, do you mean building style, or denomination flavour?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

The one nearest the front looks plain Methodist, the left middle ground one has a square tower, but I doubt that it's Norman and the one on the skyline has a steeple and looks Victorian to me from that distance.

Does that help anyone?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July