We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

It's difficult to understand

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

how Edinburgh's disaster of a tram project could ever have been entrusted to people who - in the words of one of the councillors who oversaw the project - "were not people who had previously had experience of major projects like this".

The scheme is years behind schedule, and The latest cost estimate for running the line from the airport to St Andrew Square in the city centre is £776m, which is far more than was originally projected for the entire network.

more on the story here

Like this post
peter99co

Likes # 0

Our County Council widened the kerbs in the main street so much that if a bus is at a stop the next bus cannot pass without banging the driving mirrors. If a van stops to unload the buses can't proceed at all!

They have torn up all the York Stone slabs and used block pavings which keep lifting when ice gets under them.

They had to close a layby for cars because it was too narrow unless the car was very small. Any wide car stopped the bus passing.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

lotvic and peter99co - I would love to get some 'nice' photos to put on my website for future perusal, by the respected forum members.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"I knew there were fanatical nationalists who are willing to defend the Holyrood building in defiance of all reason"

I would defend the institution beyond all reason, but the building is a disaster. Not for nothing was it known as "Donald's Dome" (Donald Dewar, first First Minister).

Why on earth they didn't use the building which had been earmarked for many years (the Old High School)

http://www.edinburgh.com/edinburghdetail1134theoldhighschoolofedinburghbuiding.html

is beyond me.

Like fm I am also totally unable to understand why tracks which have not yet been within several miles of a tram wheel need replacing!

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad