We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

George Baker

Aitchbee
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have been trying to get this post posted, to say what a great actor Baker was.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I live only a couple of hours drive away but it is not so easy to visit as it once was. I believe there are now many restrictions on tourists as they were causing too many problems for residents which I suppose is understandable. There used to be a pottery business associated with the village but I have a feeling that that has also moved away but still being made somewhere else.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I actually meant to say something about George Baker but got sidetracked. He was a fine actor and a wonderful man to boot. I wonder if there was any connection to the loss of his real wife as well as his screen wife earlier this year. It seems that too many of us men find it difficult to cope when we lose our loved partners or am I just an old romantic? At least we will have ITV3 to keep his memory alive.

Like this post  
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Hello spuds - this is to prove my point. I am not logged-in and |I have no green tick option...so you shouldn't be seeing this.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

AitchBEE

What on earth are you talking about?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

AitchBEE

I can see it loud and clear, but it still doesn't give the reason why.

How did you know that I trawl around the forum, and would have spotted this :)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

spuds - intuition :o)

FE - I was just pointing out(to spuds)that even although I was not logged-in to PCA website, my posting got through to this thread, albeit, it only appeared in this thread, after I had logged-in, and made a post in a different thread.I'm not complaining.I hope that makes sense.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Please don't post personal messages to people who haven't contributed to your thread. It's confusing to others who haven't a clue what you're talking about, and it's unnecessary.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

ok - FE

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

George Baker fans note, he has a 'spot' on radio4 in 20 minutes, 'Last Word' is the name of the radio prog.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow