We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Comment on Gatick flight info

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Being due to meet folk this afternoon incoming to Gatwick- I tuned to Teletext to check the flight arrival time - only to find Gatwick no longer make this information available to the BBC.

Why I wondered? A guess could be the BBC need paying and the new owner do not want to pay.

SO resort to the internet.

Google arrivals- Gatwick and up came a site with the flight listed.

However to proceed I had to navigate one of those two word puzzlements. No once but ten times, each time be presented with another.

So in frustration I closed that site off and clicked on the same site previously bookmarked.. A completely different presentation came to screen and entering the fight number etc., gave an instant response. Strange or what.

Like this post
barmybuckle

Likes # 0

Why didn't you just go to Gatwicks official website?

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Exactly!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I have relatives who regularly arrive at Gatwick and I use Gatwick. I go straight to this site Gatwick Flight Arrivals for flight arrivals (Gatwick's own site). No word puzzles as far as I am aware.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

There is a very useful site that links you to arrivals and departures information for all the main UK airports.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

This is the one that I selected- is it not the'Official site?

http://www.gatwickairport.com/flights/arrivals/

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Thank you FE for that link = now bookmarked

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

SparkyJack - that is the official site and is the same as the link that I gave. I don't understand why you had problems initially.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Tried teletext for Heathrow a fortnight ago and there was nothing listed at all.

luton last week said the flight was running 30 minutes late and it arrived 30 minutes early.

I will try FE selection the next time. That will be This Tuesday at Birmingham just to see how I get on.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes