We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Steve Jobs has died

Strawballs
Resolved

Likes # 0

Whatever you thought of the way he ran Apple he was one hell of a business man

Steve Jobs Dies

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Steve Jobs had such a profound effect on the technology industry (not all good, but mostly quite amazing) that his passing is big news. The fact that most of the tributes have been positive and celebratory of the man's life and work is a bonus.

Steve Jobs - A life in pictures

They'll be showing Pixar movies on TV, but the biopic to watch is 'Pirates of Silicon Valley'. ER's Noah Wyle played Jobs in an often none-too-positive light but Steve saw the joke and had Wyle pretend to be him at the start of his next keynote.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Without sounding depressing or inconsiderate, but no matter what your wealth, age or knowledge of life is, you will never beat nature. Cancer in its various forms is a great life taker, both for the young and old.

Modern technology might help, but it will never conquer. And I think the history of this man, and many more like him, will always be a thing of the past, present and future?.

Like this post  
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

I posted over on the other Mac specific sites, but it's a very sad, if not entirely unexpected. Tim making the much slated keynote would have known that Steve was dying, and that must have made it doubly hard for him.

He resurrected Apple when he returned in the 90's and made the company what it is today. Even non Apple fans would have to admit that his innovation, and uncanny knack of knowing what people wanted were attributes seldom seen in large corporations.

Apple do not do much in the way of market research, but I suppose that will change now. It will be interesting to see what happens going forward.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The political world needs men like Steve Jobs to get things back on an even keel.I did not know anything about him until two days ago.I just caught some radio remembrances from fellow entrepreneurs today...he could talk the talk, and walk the walk...while still remaining a modest man.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

AitchBEE

Well put. he was a showman as well as an inovator a rare combination indeed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...