We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Darksiding On The Mac

Crosstrainer2
Resolved

Likes # 0

....Whew, I need a breathe of sanity after a day on the international Darkside. Dealing with certain individuals there can be hard work to say the least. People who think that all Apple products are "Fake" unless they are made, assembled and ,asked "Cupertino" Is just one I've dealt with today.

He is actually taking back a brand new Macbook Air because it states "Made In China"

Help.....I can't return to Windows, but these people are driving me nut's

Moral is DON'T ever accept an invitation to be a Moderator ANYWHERE. I do 2 sites now, and the look and feel is SO different from local friendly places like home....errr I mean here.

Strewth.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Oh. I thought you were trying to fake over while the FE is in darkest Africa.

Like this post  
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

No No a thousand times NO...Actually, if any of my old friends would like to SEE what it's like over there, then just join up, it's free, full of idiots (for example I could not post like this for fear of upsetting someone) and a smattering of decent grown up folk.

But I'm afraid they are in the minority. The demographic is mid 29's and with a world wide attendance / membership it's like being a father again, only to children who really don't seem to have any grasp of humanity.

It's an insight....Really.

12 hours there and I'm thinking about buying a PC :))

Now where is my pipe? Slippers?

J

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

New tactic. Haven't tried this before, have my admin window open on the mac side of things, and flip between here (Sanity) and there....Whatever.

Planet Rock on live stream to my DTS..........Now the neighbours will be in attendance too! :))

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

If anybody IS actually thinking of having a little look at Macrumours you will find me under the name of Macman45.

Covert ops are acceptable so join, create a basic profile, and then PM me. Watch as I struggle to cope with Americanism, as I crash and burn errr...No just join I need allies!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Crosstrainer2, you don't half pick 'em. Even after a bout of bad illness, helping with the wonderful Microsoft Windows Woes you decide to go 'over' to the over inflated Apppppple (it unnerves me so much I cant speak of it ) and then you moderate to clients owning expensive computers and it's driving you, umm, slightly irritated.

Come back to ordinary folk, who have common sense, they see their money working fairly efficiently with Windows. [Cough]

Please no mention of Linux.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Let me give you an example of what I'm up against...Direct quote 30 seconds ago:

Sometimes when I don't angle a disc in properly it hits something in the SuperDrive and doesn't go in. Its like there's something blocking it or the drive isn't even with the slot. It works and reads discs fine. I just have to angle it right to go in. I just didn't know if anyone else had this problem and what I should do?[/QUOTE]

And my reply posted back later was: Put the disc in properly...Sorry that is a no brainer.

Life is the only game in town so why am I here all the time?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

What can you say? Maybe next time suggest that the housekeeper dusts the Apppppple (shiver) properly! ;)

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

rdave

Join up help me!!! I love my Apple stuff but that is a small example of what I'm up against here....Wonder how Peter would fair? Being a Mod on an International site with a younger Demographic has been a real eye opener.

I think I have realised I Am getting old: A new one for you but I'd like you to provide your answer to the Question.

Best place to watch the Apple iPhone Event? I sadly wont be able to watch the Apple event if they live stream it like the previous years-So does anyone recall when the event was posted online (hrs), and who posted it first; eg engadget, Apple youtube channel,Apple.com etc...?

The event is at 1pm where I live so do you think at 4pm I should be able to watch it? I know the event is usually 1-2hrs long

Any info is appreciated

And I will provide mine afterwards.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

This is the insane drivel i am up against, and I'm not surprised you on the sane side would not venture in.

Thing is that the kit is superb, and I really don't miss Windows one little bit. It's the culture of idiots it encompasses Ho Hum.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

The kit is 'superb' then quit as the Mod. No alternative really? At least here you get serious questions with serious replies, right or wrong, but all in trying to be helpful. Otherwise keep your cool and take a slightly cynical look at life and tag along and give the answers expected..dude. ugh.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android L vs iOS 8 comparison preview: Apple vs Google software showdown

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

Why Google bought Songza. Scratch that: what is Songza?

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July