We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Low flying Aircraft over london

Covergirl
Resolved

Likes # 0

Amazing snap by the Google Earth satellite. This plane looks slightly low - zoom out to see where it is at.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Sorry, you'll have to switch labels on

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I have not looked, but I get your jist, Covergirl.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

It's on it's final approach into Heathrow - you fly right across the London eye at a fairly low altitude, and can clearly see the cars on the bridges over the Thames.

I'll be doing it at 5:45 in the morning in about eight days time.

Like this post  
spuds

Likes # 0

I don't know about London, but where I live we have easy access to three major airports and a number of civilian ones. Above our home there always seems to be low flying aircraft of varied shapes and sizes at various slots in the day. Looking at the sky patterns, you often wonder if the aircraft behind is following the one in front!.

We did have an incident a number of years ago, when people found their property and ponds with a covering of a 'oily like' fluid droplets early one morning. Suspicions were laid on an above aircraft, but the final answer was never released, and is now a forgotten event of the past!.

Like this post
Toneman

Likes # 0

Think here in the south-west they follow the M5...

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

We don't get many airliners over these parts, but I just had a eurofighter fly over head at low altitude and incredible speed, we often have them fly over, not sure where they're going but it can't be far away, I've tried looking on Google Earth but the only nearby RAF base showing is in Northumberland but that's in the wrong direction.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

'where they're going but it can't be far away'

Could be a long way away!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?