We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Call for more training in A&E

peter99co

Likes # 0

Next time you need a blood test check how it is done and maybe ask why a syringe?

Blood Tests

More than half were taken using the wrong equipment. They should normally by collected into vacuum tubes with special needles rather than using syringes which can damage fragile blood cells.

Junior doctors have surprisingly little training in taking blood and have a love of still using syringes which cause major problems.

I have had 3 tests this year and had no idea a Vacuum Tube existed.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

This may be due to cost not training.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I watched on STV news yesterday,a new device for locating veins and arteries in people who have difficult to spot, or deeply-embedded blood-channels.(I made that word up).It's a lamp which shines on the skin, and displays the veins - as plain as Punch. Marvellous!

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I read an article in the local paper that says blood testing is to be transferred to Carlisle(to save money)which seemed strange as thats 40 miles away thus increasing the possibilty still further of incorrect handling or contamination.I suppose that if the blood sample is collected incorrectly as well,then I might as well cease to be alarmed if it showed some serious illness.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Windows 10 is even more like Mac OS X, and not just because it's another OS Ten