We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

for all you talk talk customers

finerty

Likes # 0

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

As you can see talk talk still the biggest wingers

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

finerty we was considering leaving VM due to a number of reasons that ive posted on the forum recently, one of the options was talk talk, we discussed things with them i wasnt happy with their packages but the wife was insistent so she won me over moving from 50mb to a 20mb connection, it was like taking a man's beer away from him! Then i did some reviews and was shocked by them?? as with any company you will always get lots of complaints online about them BUT talk talk was by far the worst by very far in fact!

so ive decided "Better the devil you know"...

Like this post
DM.

Likes # 0

I have been with them for years, from tiscali. No problems.

24Mb exchange

unlimited downloads

free calls 24/7

service never been down for years

500minutes of calls to mobiles

line rental

for under £29 a month.

No other company comes close on price.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I've been with several providers and am now with TalkTalk.Apart from not understanding the voice at the call centres as english was definitely not being spoken to me,and nightly disconnections,and variances in speed,their service is what I would expect for free(I don't pay for the broadband,only for the calls & line rental)I had more or less the exact same hassles with previous providers,with the added pain of actually paying for this crap service.

As FE has said many times before,you only ever hear about the bad service whilst the good providers rarely get a mention.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

No Problems hear with TalkTalk, Will be paying up front for Line Rental From Oct will save me about £54 a year

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I'm sure that TalkTalk has many satisfied customers, but that's not the point. What has happened is that Ofcom has released information about the number of complaints it has received in respect of Telecoms providers.

The company that attracted the largest number of complaints - for both landline services and broadband - was TalkTalk.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

FE Its a bit like buying tools if you are going to use them on a regular basis, always buy good tools. But that does not mean that all cheap tools are bad. TalkTalk is a bit like that good for some not for others. If its going to be Cheap, they have to save somewhere. my main gripe was India Call centre, me having hearing aids and them talking NOT ENGLISH read from a script. That and 75 years old do not mix well

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

I'm not sure the point is...anything, really. I'm with them and happy enough as yet. If I become sufficiently inhappy I'll look around, but a report telling me others are unhappy won't have any effect.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Ofcom have warned TalkTalk on a number of occasions about the poor services that they are or have been providing to their subscriber base. Ofcom have made a number of threats regarding heavy fines, but so far Ofcom are still monitoring the complaints and how TalkTalk are making improvements!.

Woodchip - If you problem is serious enough, then will quite a lot of effort you might be able to obtain a 'named personal contact' via Higher Level Complaints Management, which provides UK based support.

I find with TalkTalk, that they can be a real thorn in the side, but once you have broken the initial barriers and obstructions, they can and will take out all the stops for you. But that doesn't mean that it will resolve all the problems. A bit like other ISP's perhaps?.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Mind you guys Karoo from Hull is as bad see this

read here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days