We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

rugby world cup

greyballs

Likes # 0

hope this works ? (the link to the story) just wondered why scotland put this guy in there squad in the first place with his religious handicap of not been able to play on Sundays,surely the big man can be forgiving just this once.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blog/oval-talk/article/1639/

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I believe the Bible is the word of God, so who am I to ignore something from it?"

Well, that's his belief, and he's sticking to it.

I have no argument with his religious beliefs,but I wonder why he made himself available to be picked in the first place, if he knew that there might be a critical game on a Sunday.

His team-mates might feel that he's been incredibly selfish and thoughtless.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

I recall the triple jumper Jonathan Edwards declining to participate on a Sunday during his heyday missing the 1991 World Championships. He adjusted his views a few years later and finally seems to have lost his faith in 2007

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...