We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

WW2 pics (Great quality)

Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Morning all, i love history and here is a link to a site offering a lot of really good quality pics..

Anyone on a slow broadband connection leave it some time to complete the pics

Pics Here

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Makes pretty grim viewing - a phase of the war that has been largely overlooked, perhaps?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Thanks - Autoschediastic - I might get my printer up and running now;the pictures have made me appreciate more, the terribleness of WAR.

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

Aitchbee,

google ... atrocities of war...if you have a strong stomach.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Excellent pictures, thanks for posting!

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

Unfortunately they are, for me , tame but then the war (WW2) was current affairs not history.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

If i am correct wasnt they talk about making all the B&W photos into color.? some years ago? its a real shame there is no way to do this but ive got tons and tons of WW2 pics stuff you wont see that often too, i dont necessarily mean people been shot of dead people i mean rare pics of tanks and streets some of the concentration camps, i would love to share them with you all i love collecting photos... at a guess i would say i have 650/700 gig of photos..maybe one day there is going to be a site that i can upload all these to and only i can send the link to people so they can view or dl them...happy days eh

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Autoschediastic - why not create your own website,and put all of your photos on it.I hope to put a lot of my photos on my website soon.My computer-savvy friend does all the technical stuff.

daz60 - I don't have a strong stomach, but will keep that in mind.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

AitchBEE yeah thats a good idea but i dont know HTML or coding so its a no no for a website until i get some penny's saved i suppose, damn good idea tho!

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Try Photobucket. It.s free and you can create your own albums

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Kevscar thanks, ive got an account with them but the free version is restricted even so i doubt their servers would appreciate my uploading of 600 gigs of photos lol

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite