We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Facebook changes (Going too far now)

Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Just checked my FB and yet ANOTHER change with the iface? wth have they done this time its a bloody right mess? navigation is just terrible now! why fix it if it wasnt bust, on my wall there is around 80 people complaining to me about the state of the profile pages, why cant they be like other companies before they change they politely ASK if you want to change to the new version instead of no warning and no option to stick with the old one?

A few of my friends have also stated they are seriously considering Google Plus and shutting down their FB accounts..

Like this post
cycoze

Likes # 0

Facebook, have to say about any site,forum etc making changes is up to them, not the users/members, if anyone does not like the way things are done they don't have to use it and have the power to close the page at their fingertips.

I use several sites regularly including social types, most update every year in an effort to improve the site, we lose some facilities and gain others, it is better than getting stuck in a rut.

Regards "FYI one of my contacts who is closing her account down is doing so cause she has just found photos of her daughter online who is just 5 years old?" someone had to post those images in the first place, probably family or the friend themselves, if their friends or family then copy those images and post them on it is their fault not the sites fault! If you don't want it on-line then don't put it on-line!

I think most of the sites putting up disclaimers re images are just covering their own backsides not trying to steal anyone elses Intellectual Property, I know I own my the copyright to my images and would not post them full sized anywhere, people will still steal them and digitally enlarge them to try and sell, but that's another problem entirely.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made