We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Facebook changes (Going too far now)

Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Just checked my FB and yet ANOTHER change with the iface? wth have they done this time its a bloody right mess? navigation is just terrible now! why fix it if it wasnt bust, on my wall there is around 80 people complaining to me about the state of the profile pages, why cant they be like other companies before they change they politely ASK if you want to change to the new version instead of no warning and no option to stick with the old one?

A few of my friends have also stated they are seriously considering Google Plus and shutting down their FB accounts..

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 1

Hmmm. Maybe it should be compulsory to reply to every thread...

Or, maybe, if you don't keep posting at a certain rate, you should be banned...

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

As said before if you don't like something stop using it, if enough people stop then they will have to respond or go the way of others like Myspace.

Like this post
greyballs

Likes # 0

Hmmm. Maybe it should be compulsory to reply to every thread...

Or, maybe, if you don't keep posting at a certain rate, you should be banned...

hi guys just thought i had better post to keep my quota up.

seriously though my wife joined FB a few months back i suppose just down to peer pressure from freinds and family eg 'i cant belive your not on FB ect' .well what a big mistake,in box full of whose made freinds with who her FB wall covered in drivell from god knows who and apart from going into settings to block everything from everyone which then makes FB even more pointless than what it already is,anyway ime sure you have heard this all before so join us and just SACK IT.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Just to add has anyone tried to change the settings? what a bloody mess? whilst FB may not be everyones cuppa tea which i appreciate some people are more private then others, ive used i9t for making contact with people ive met over the years before the likes of the net and i tested fb some years ago to see if i was able to connect back and i was overwhelmed i found 99% of everyone i wanted too but now even i am thinking of shutting it down..there is just better alternatives now that stick to the same iface and at least show some line of respect to its users...

FYI one of my contacts who is closing her account down is doing so cause she has just found photos of her daughter online who is just 5 years old? when you upload a photo to FB apparently ive been told you then dont own it FB does and they can do whatever they want to? can anyone clarify this pls...

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look here.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

rdave your link shows why I have always used Photobucket. If you don't read the small print you shouldn't complain.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I do not use facebook ( and never will) so I don't know what I am missing.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Unless I'm missing something it's not a major change.

AitchBEE - what is the point of posting about something you don't use?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Woolwell - my negativity regarding facebook is a personal thing...which I would not like to divulge to other happy facebook users.It might upset them.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Then why post about it?

It's not compulsory to respond to every thread you know!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...