We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

A Tricky issue indeed..

Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Hi, I’ve just been on the phone with one of my friends who I’ve known for 35 years, He is a school teacher at a mixed secondary, He teaches all three Sciences and he was telling me there is a situation that is getting very tense in the school of a 12 year old girl who is from Egypt, she moved to the uk just weeks ago & her parents who have demanded that she MUST sit only with other girls,

Where it has become tense is that the fact that all the classes are mixed and that the parents of the girl have now started to dictate to the teachers and the Head how much space/distance they should be between their child and the boys when sat in the class? This is becoming a very large issue in the school and it has the potential to be much larger due to the amount of other Muslims getting on board, I can see this getting out of hand...

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 1

This is only as difficult as the teaching staff choose to make it. The parents of the child in question should be told in no uncertain terms that they are now living in the UK. In this country we do not segregate pupils according to gender race or religion.

They should be advised that if they are unable to follow the customs which apply to life in this country they should remove their child from the school and themselves from the country!

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

These parents should be told that they are being sexist and there are laws against that in this country

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

" In fact, its a matter for the head teacher in the first instance"

That it may well be, but what happens after that. The head teacher and no doubt the board of governors would be involved, also the local education department or committee would be overseeing the events on any decision making?.

In my area, the local city and county councils are well able to deal with situations like this, especially when it comes to allocating spaces in schools for special needs or requirements.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Tell you what guys you have provided some absolutely fantastic points here & i will let you know in time what happens..thanks

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

If this school is having such trouble with this issue, why has the Daily Mail not got involved? Right up their street I would have thought, unless even they think there is no 'story' in it .

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

Flak999 "In this country we do not segregate pupils according to gender race or religion."

Roedean, The Oratory, etc etc?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"I noticed a lot of non-Scotish"

I was in Glasgow south side yesterday.

If you noticed me you should have said hello.

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

Ahhh the good old spurious 'damned immigrants' story.

White Anglo Saxon Foaming at Mouth checklist:-

Story about people clearly not from around here - check Ideally Muslim/Gypsy - check Over here making use of our tax paid services - check Telling us what to do in our own country - check

Did you know they have removed the word 'gullible' from the dictionary

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

FE - if i see an 'Orange' order march in my hometown of Glasgow I KNOW there isn't a Roman catholic taking part. morddwyd - if you were clad in full tartan regalia with kilt, I would have noticed you, boyo ;0)

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Rick'scafe it imho has nothing to do where they are from? it about having to change our lifestyle for a minority, that school has been doing things the way they have for many years i am sure & it also would of had many other muslim girls in there and no one has made any issues before?

So why should the school have to have to change its rules for someone thats not familiar with how the uk works? they should settle down and settle in before they start to throw their rule book at the school..

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...