We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Really Old!

morddwyd

Likes # 0

Now I'm feeling really old and decrepit.

A guy with a 56lb bag of potatoes on his shoulder stopped and held the door open for me!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Some of the pop 'gods' of the sixties still think they are 'gods'.Give me a break...old age is a leveller.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

.really old is when:-

You have your own phone number written down somewhere, but can't remember where.

Job interviewers no longer ask you, 'What do you think you'll be doing in ten year's time?'

Your favourite section of the paper is 'On This Date Fifty Years Ago'.

Conversations with people your own age often turn into 'duelling ailments'.

and when...

You're on a TV game show and decide to risk it all and go for the chairlift.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...on which song, by the American band The Doors, did Jim Morrison sing ...'my knees have gone weak'?

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

Love Me Two Times

Ahem! That's a song title, you understand, not an invitation.

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

Although, to be accurate, the lyric is "my knees got weak".

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I stand corrected Pineman100 - but I am sitting. Well Done, man.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

You know when your past it when you post hundreds of jokes about old age and you are not even knee-high to a grasshopper-Aitch.

Like this post
shellship

Likes # 0

FE may well be on his hols (or is he really working in Kenya) but reading these posts it might be fun or him (or ME) to do a survey of the average age of those who enjoy spending lots of their lives on these forums! Is it 60, 70 or even more? My money would be on 65.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...