We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Postage rates to Ireland?

Quickbeam
Resolved

Likes # 0

I've just been looking without much joy for a price to post a parcel (approx .75kg) to the Irish Republic. Anyone know where I can find a price for this?

For a matter of interest, it's an eBay auction item that a possible buyer has asked me for a price on and this is the first time I've tried to sell anything on there.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

That's what I thought, as I thought that the listing should only show on ebay UK.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Parcelmonkey

parcel2go

I have used both to send to Ireland and it is not cheap. I have found that Parcelmonkey to be the better of the two in terms of price and efficiency.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I've since declined to post to the Eira since I don't see a way to change the UK only sale status once posted on ebay gengiscant.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...I'd be interested to know if this can be changed as it's the first time I've used ebay for selling something, so I'm not too familiar with that side of using it.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

When listing items for sale in your own country first select your "will post to" catagory then go to my preferences and block bids from those countries you do not sell to. An advantage to this is that items do not appear in simple searches from other countries.

You may not be aware that you can also block bids from individual bidders as well. If for instance a bidder from outside your selling area bids on an item early you can contact them to explain that you do not sell to that country (be polite)and remove the bid, then go to bidder requirements in preferences and add that bidder ID to the block bidders list.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Thanks for that, I'm much wiser now.

I've been meaning to sell various items for a year or two now, just general accumulations of stuff over the years that got put in cupboards and the attic and forgotten about. I now find I can raise several thousand pounds by selling it all on ebay!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Have a look on eBay under delivery, courier services etc. Some people buy block bookings with the like of ParcelForce, Royal Mail,Hermes, Home Delivery etc, then offer the service on at a fixed price, depending on weight and size limitations, this can work out far cheaper for a seller wishing to send items to the UK or Abroad.

PayPal also have a postage system similar to the Royal Mail. Check the price etc then do a postage label print-out. PayPal then notify the buyer that the item as been despatched.

Some items being sent Abroad, might need customs declaration, or have restrictions for imports!.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

QB - have you got any commodore amiga 'old stuff'. I might be interested.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014