We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

RIP HP

greyballs
Resolved

Likes # 0

sorry dont know how to do the CLICK HERE bit to the link but ime sure you will know the story by now. perhaps someone could explain the click here bit to me ?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I thought this was about Hewlett Packard - what a sauce!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Sarson's Worcester sauce 'established since 1794' comes out of the bottle where you want it...on the plate...rich and spicy.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

This salt business gets a bit silly at times.

I had a long discussion with the Diabetes nurse when she said I shouldn't eat Marmite as it was 'Full of Salt'

OK, so it has something like 19% salt content per 100gm, but who eats 100gms at a time? Average serving is about 2gms per slice of toast or 0.38gms, hardly anywhere near exceeding your daily recommended 'dose'. So as long as you don't eat vast amounts every day there's no harm in it and eminently better than lots of sugary marmalade for a Diabetic.

Its the same with Restuarant/Canteen food. They cut out/down the salt during preparation which then prompts the customer to add salt at the table, and probably using more than is good for them.

There was a report last week about Bread having too much salt. Bread dough of course needs a certain amount to produce a good loaf. Bread made without salt is dense and doesn't taste good. It is an essential ingredient.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

BT

I had a long discussion with the Diabetes nurse when she said I shouldn't eat Marmite as it was 'Full of Salt'

She was just being polite, you shouldn't eat Marmite because it's vile

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I tried marmite a month ago.It is not the same as bovril.marmite is ok to season a home-made soup.Half a teaspoon per gallon of soup is quite enough!

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

alan14 you wont be eating these then?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

At a £1 a 'chocolate' - you would have to as mad as a hatter!...wiz-king.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

wiz-king

No I won't

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

AitchBEE

Sarson's Worcester sauce

Good Lord! Sacrilege! There is only one Worcester Sauce, It has to be Lee and Perrins!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"OK, so it (Marmite)has something like 19% salt content per 100gm, but who eats 100gms at a time? Average serving is about 2gms per slice of toast or 0.38gms"

If there's a 19% salt content it will be the same in percentage terms whatever the portion size. As you say however, the average portion of Marmite is so small it doesn't really matter. As long as you don't eat too much you'll be fine.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D

IDG UK Sites

Tim Cook says Apple aims to be best, not first, hinting that iWatch is coming

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes