We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

RIP HP

greyballs
Resolved

Likes # 0

sorry dont know how to do the CLICK HERE bit to the link but ime sure you will know the story by now. perhaps someone could explain the click here bit to me ?

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

To be honest, I can't stand the stuff....:))

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Choices for the links These are the methods I use

1. Paste the URL directly in http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2036349/HP-Sauce-revolt-Online-fury-salt-cut-ruins-taste.html?ito=feeds-newsxml This doesn't always work especially if there are 2 underscores in (it changes the bit inbetween them to italics instead)

2. Type the words: Click Here and then highlight them and then click on the globe and paste the URL in the box that pops up which will change the words Click Here to the link. Or you can highlight any of the words in your post HP Sauce for instance.

3. Change your link to a tiny one and paste that in, in either of the above methods http://tinyurl.com/3b5vzcr

It is important to have the http:// once at the front or it won't become a link

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

In the box that pops up there is also an extra you can do. If at the end of your url that you have pasted in you put "HP Sauce" that means type the "s as well as the words, when you then hover your cursor over the link in a post you will get a popup optional title Your URL needs to end with a / and then you do a space and then type in "HP Sauce"

You can test all the above without having to actually Post by checking in the preview box that your links work and your popup optional title displays when you hover cursor over the link

You can also manually edit the text you want as the optional title if you scroll down to bottom of the compose box where it is displaying the link 1 in square brackets

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I stopped buying HP when they moved production to the Netherlands, I now use Asda's own, or if I'm feeling flush I buy Stokes Brown Sauce from Booths

Like this post
greyballs

Likes # 0

thanks for that lotvic,will have to scan the net now for a story to paste

Like this post
greyballs

Likes # 0

To be honest, I can't stand the stuff....:))

so what do you do with your bacon buttie crosstrainer, please dont say red sauce.

Like this post
greyballs

Likes # 0

thats the spirit alan perhaps if we all had done that it just might have made a difference. as for stokes brown sauce ,never heard of it but there is a booths quite near to us 20mile so might just nip down and grab a bottle.

Like this post
DM.

Likes # 0

Shouldn't the reporter in wiz-king link this one

be back at school. I thought school holidays were over?

We are currently experimenting with Branston brown sauce at the moment. I think a few more bacon sandwich tasting tests before I make a decision.

Like this post
greyballs

Likes # 0

do you mean Josie Ensor dm dont know about skoolit says in the report that she is over 116 years old.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...