We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lash yourself to the bedpost on Sunday night:0

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Hurricane Katia is predicted to bring us The Great Storm of 2011!

The predictions are that it may exceed The Great Storm of '87.

p.s. What were you expecting when you opened the link...?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Meanwhile.....

Here in Outer London it's warm, and the sun is shining.

Quite right too.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

The sun is shining here too, and it is quite warm if you can find somewhere to stand without leaning at an angle of 45 deg.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

No wind chill then...

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

All of my big pots are now on the ground...at the moment! I have put them there, just in case....

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...I wondered what the noise was,just now, at the back of my flat.It was a young man from the council blowing away grass cuttings.....no kidding!

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

I've just checked the weather forecast for the north Somerset coast (where my sister lives) and winds between now and Thursday are forecast to peak on Tuesday at 22 mph.

Not exactly the 'Perfect Storm' that's been rumoured!

Ever since the Great Storm of 1987, the weather forecasters seem to warn of death and destruction at the slightest hint of a bit of rain or a breezy day. The attitude seems to be "better to panic everyone un-necessarily than to risk another Michael Fish fiasco".

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Pineman100

To be fair all of the forecasts and warnings I have seen have referred to Ulster, Scotland and Northern England.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Further to my post of 10.21 pm yesterday. I have relooked at Met office website and at various times in the next day or two have seen gust forecasts (mph) for Kirkwall 32, Stornaway,32;Fort William, 48; Ayr, 68; Ballycastle (NI) 62. Yes some are Force 9 or 10 but not that unusual. Hope they are not as wrong as in 1987.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I like to listen to the shipping weather forecast on bbc radio4 after midnight. You usually get a good forecast,storms and hurricaines,force 9 and 10, always give me a night-time 'buzz', while I am sipping my cuppa-soup.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I think I dare to go to sleep without any restraints:)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Why BlackBerry isn't dead: Firm keeps Mercedes F1 team driving with enterprise package

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...