We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Injury claim referral fees

TopCat®
Resolved

Likes # 0

At last the government are moving to 'ban referral fees in personal injury claims in an attempt to curb the "compensation culture".... This is a trend that really should have been stamped on a long time ago, in my estimation. Soon we'll be able to see by how much motor insurance premiums fall, but I'm not hopeful they will be anywhere near the 'up-to- 40% rises that took place. TC.

More details here

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I should point out that, like for like, motor premiums in Scotland, where the practice is more rigidly controlled, and claims smaller, are not noticeably lower than south of the border!

Don't hold your breath!

Like this post  
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

In the linked article it states action to tackle whiplash if honest customers I've had seven car accidents in the last 12 years,all bar one were people crashing into the rear of my vehicle resulting in my suffering whiplash,these numerous whiplash injuries have resulted in my developing arthritis in my neck & on the last x-ray,three damaged vertabrae are clearly visible.Therefore I must surely count as an honest customer,and before anyone accuses me of driving up their insurance premium I have only ever claimed one compensation claim for whiplash as my taxi was off the road for several weeks having the damage repaired(cost me over £3000 in lost earnings & repairs)and I was awarded just £1400.Several years later,I had another accident(pillock pulled out a junction right in front of me)which left me with a busted rib & severe neck pains,and destroyed my car & meant I can no longer work full-time,yet I was again awarded £1400 for "whiplash" I think these ambulance chaser lawyers simply bung in a claim for whiplash as its the easiest option,& requires no proof.I doubt regulating by the government will do little to help the customers as the ambulance chasers will just up the fees they claim then take a slice of any compensation.It might reduce the number of unsolicited calls received by anyone unfortunate to have an accident(I lost track of the number of calls/texts I received after my last accident)but they were just a minor inconvienience at the time.Maybe I should've sued for this inconvienience instead of for the actual injury? :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings