We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Rock and the accoustic guitar

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

on BBC4 now. Worth a look in.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 1

An interesting programme, and I agree that Keef's story was amusing - much like a lot of his life really.

I met Keith (and the rest of the band) many years ago at a gig, and I have to say that he was much the same then - he appears to have found the whole process of becoming part of a rock legend, and very rich, one long laugh. I'm sure that attitude has helped to keep him going when others might have called it a day long ago.

I got hooked into the Dolly Parton concert later - there's a real professional if ever there was one. Nobody works an audience like Dolly can.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

And nobody runs a business quite like her either!

My favourite quote "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap"!

Priceless.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I watched the rest of BBC4's evening too. Dolly has a very big voice... it's in keeping with the rest of her attributes!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Did you know - John Paul Jones (the quiet one) played most of the accoustic 6/12 string guitars/mandolins on the Led Zeppelin albums?... and not Jimmy Page.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Dolly - the cloned sheep was named after Dolly Parton as the start-up cells were taken from the mamallarian glands.It was on University Challenge tonight..I like to keep abreast of today's useful trivial information.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

How can I 'toughen up' my fretting finger pads without actually playing the guitar.My finger pads are a bit namby-pamby at the moment.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

No other way than to use them two hours a day and get them bleeding first

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You could try vinegar

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Cheers woodchip - will follow your advice - but might try 'worcester sauce' Sarson's, Lee & Perrins.The guitar does it better, I agree.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"How can I 'toughen up' my fretting finger pads without actually playing the guitar."

Why on earth would you want to do that?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do