We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Rock and the accoustic guitar

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

on BBC4 now. Worth a look in.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

How can I 'toughen up' my fretting finger pads without actually playing the guitar.My finger pads are a bit namby-pamby at the moment.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

No other way than to use them two hours a day and get them bleeding first

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You could try vinegar

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Cheers woodchip - will follow your advice - but might try 'worcester sauce' Sarson's, Lee & Perrins.The guitar does it better, I agree.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"How can I 'toughen up' my fretting finger pads without actually playing the guitar."

Why on earth would you want to do that?

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

AtchBee

No substitute for playing I'm afraid. After many years my fingers are rock hard but one consolation is that you never lose them once toughened. In a week or so, the hard skin reforms.....Get playing:))

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Forum Editor - Why would you want to clone a sheep?..cloning Dolly Parton would be much more sensible.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

After 18 months of playing at least 30 minutes of bass a day, the finger pads of the two yellow pages walking fingers on my right hand are quite hardened now. Play more.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

QB - can you play double bass...at short notice? Would your fingers know what to do?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It's not the fingers that I have a problem with, it syncing my brain with 'em. I play all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order, as Eric Morecambe one said!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features