We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

watch out if you leave car at Heathrow

finerty

Likes # 0

You may be done for speeding even if your not driving.

speeding at Heathrow

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 1

No car park that wants my keys gets my business.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

In the 90's I heard of many cars being written off in and around Crawley that were being raced by car park staff from Gatwick Airport.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

My brother, sits in his London black cab,at Heathrow, waiting for passengers....then he takes them to their destination(s).

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"There's nothing new in this."

Not even on Watchdog.

It;s been covered before.

Like energy prices and holiday hotels, it's good cheap copy if you can't be bothered to look for something new.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I have parked my car, and left my keys, at Heathrow and Gatwick airports for years, and each time I leave the car I take a note of the mileage.

Not once has my car been moved in my absence. I have just been lucky I suppose. The parks I use are huge, and I always use the same reputable company.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

fourm member

Precisely. The people I use have an AA/Police Gold Award for security, and provide a very professional service. I'm happy that nobody drives my car in my absence.

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

AitchBEE

Isn't that what all taxi drivers do? :o/

Like this post
SimpleSimon1

Likes # 0

FE

Would you mind identifying the company(s) you use? I am likely to be doing a fair bit of parking at Heathrow and Gatwick in the future and recommendations based on experience would be very helpful.

Thanks

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Pineman100 - yes! That's why a lot of people use taxi's at big airports...to get them to their destinations quickly and safely.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

AitchBEE, thank you for explaining that. I have seen cars with a taxi sign on them and often wondered what it meant.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

Government kills £50 million 'Silicon Roundabout' regeneration fund