We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Links doing funny things on PCA forums

Covergirl
Resolved

Likes # 0

Wind Chimes, love them or hate them

Clicking the Title link takes me to Page 1 of 5 of Post No 294130 started by countryboy in July 2007.

Clicking the Last Post link (which currently says 14 hours ago) takes me to Page 3 of 3 of Post No 385453, last post (by Condom on a year old thread - Tchhh!) started by Lotvic in Aug 2010.

Both links specify post number

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Some posts have been removed by the FE

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

It was a new user opening old threads with a complaint about their neighbours Wind chimes and wanting everyone to complain about it.

I could see his point though I would not like it if my neighbour had one.

My Sister in Law has one but conveniently her bedroom is at the front of the house and the wind chimes are at the back.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

OK, some posts have been removed but the two links both against the same article link through to different threads with identical titles ?

Who cares - as long as it's just the once every now and again :)

As for windchimes - our neighbour recently "garden grabbed", building and overshadowing OUR garden and reducing OUR privacy, so I hope he enjoys the windchimes we bought specially to brighten up his hot summer nights.

If he asks nicely we might remove them . . .

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

You'll often find that old threads appear near the top of the forum list, apparently for no reason. Someone's name will appear in the 'last response' box with a very recent time next to it, yet when you click to go to the last post you find that it was made by someone completely different, and often several years ago.

The reason - as explained by wiz-king and buteman - is that spammers come here and run searches for threads which deal with topics related to whatever it is they're trying to sell. They revive an old thread and post their spam message(s) in it. I delete the spam (and ban the person concerned), but the thread information still shows their username and the time of their post, and it stays high in the listing for a while.

Forum members who don't notice the original thread posting date think that it's current, and make their own contribution.

Like this post  
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

buteman and wiz-king, well-done! and FE.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Covergirl - this is a sound issue also.I recently visited my sister and I was having a cup of tea. I said "You've left your tap running...it's like Japanese torture!" She said "It's just the fish tank".

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Not so much about spam posts getting deleted but thanks for the info FE. Actually, I should have been able to work this out on my own - I must be getting old.

As it was, both links from the summary page were pointing towards different threads, but this has now been fixed so I will tick it complete.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014