We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Planning permission rejected - no signature

Tinkabell09

Likes # 0

We applied for planning permission to build two houses and it was rejected on the basis that they claim the Unilateral Undertaking was not signed. It was in fact signed twice - once by hand which is held on file by the council and once digitally online by ticking a checkbox and printing the name in a box. We could only appeal this decision by agreeing to go to court.

We now have a court date set and will be representing ourselves as this is seemingly a straight forward matter. However we would like to ensure that there is no aspect they can use against us in court that we have not covered in terms of the signing and would like to know what our chances are of winning/losing the appeal.

Thanks in advance

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

[printing the name in a box]may not be classed as a signature.

I know dealing with my Council with a completely different thing is one step forward and the two steps backwards.

So best of luck and I hope things go well for you.

[once by hand which is held on file by the council]

It would help if you have or can get a copy of it from the council.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

You may have to wait a while for answers as it is difficult to post on here just now for some of us.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I very much doubt that anyone will be able to provide the answer that you seek as we cannot know the full circumstances. Who drew up the planning application and the plans for the houses? Did they speak to the planners? Have you followed the guidelines here Planning portal

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

They may be looking for a back hand

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

You obviously are going to spend a lot of money on building two houses, I would have thought spending a bit more to get proper legal advice would be more appropriate than asking this forum. If you are asking that sort of question here then it seems to indicate you have your doubts about your case. I don't think anyone on this forum would know your situation to be able to give the proper advice you need.

Good luck anyway, I hope it all goes your way.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

woodchip if they are, they need a slap :)

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

lotvic It Happenns more so today than when I worked for myself, for near on 40 years. It used to be worse in tenders for Work

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Did you submit the undertaking in draft for the council to comment - might your application have succeeded without an undertaking?

Was the undertaking submitted by your solicitor?

What evidence do you have to show that the undertaking was signed?

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

We now have a court date set and will be representing ourselves

FE I read that as they are not using a solicitor, am I wrong?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

octal

I'm trying to find out if a solicitor was used for the preparation and submission of the unilateral undertaking.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow