We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Bank Holiday Fun

interzone55

Likes # 0

I've just had one of the best Sunday afternoons in a long time.

Warton Stock Car Club holds a Caravan Banger event every August Bank Holiday weekend, I've not been before, but will definitely be going again.

A top quality family day out, with 19 races in the afternoon, including the afore mentioned caravan race, and (proper old) Mini racing, stock cars, banger races and a demolition derby to finish any of the bangers still running.

There was so much incredible devastation after the caravan race it took over an hour to clear the track.

Much better than the Belgian grand prix, which I'm watching on replay now, and all for £9.

There's loads of stock car clubs around the UK, if you like motor racing why don't you give them a try.

Here's about 90 seconds of today's racing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY3VOmnrOLY

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

By Heck, it reminds me of the A1 on a scorching hot bank holiday weekend ;o}}

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

alan14 - I will be doing other things more enjoyable..

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...having seen 6 serious traffic accidents in the last week.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

AitchBEE

You don't even have a Bank Holiday to enjoy either :-(

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

alan14

No but he will next month when we don't have one.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

buteman

But the weather will be rubbish then (but then again it wasn't exactly cracking the flags today...)

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

It's not the being in Scotland, but the confusing way the bank holidays have been changed that get me.

Christmas and Easter seem to be the only two I remember from my youth.

Whit Monday and August Monday have disappeared, May Day, a celebration of political dogma, has appeared (yes, I know it's been celebrated for centuries but not as a bank holiday), as have the Spring Bank Holiday, the Late Spring Bank Holiday and so on.

Anyway, fm, I don't know why you are confused.

August Bank Holiday is the same as it has always been in Scotland, first Monday in August, and you've had it!

There was an item on the news yesterday commenting on today being the last Bank Holiday of 2011.

Funny, I was expecting some sort of shut down on Dec 25/26th!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Just for the benefit of the tourists!

Like this post
OTT_B

Likes # 0

I know why i'm confused....my post on this thread which I made yesterday, has apparently disappeared or not made it!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Sometimes, when it's an English bank holiday, near the end of the month, my work's pension gets paid in a few days earlier.I just missed out on that occurrence this month. Never mind, wedesday is not too far away.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia