We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Please Wait. Thanks for waiting.

simonjary

Likes # 0

Hi, everyone.

We think we've cracked the "Please Wait" annoyance, and have been testing all day. It seems to be fixed - or at least what we did to do the fix shouldn't knacker something else in the forums.

That's the theory, and we've tried in out on various browsers at different times and wearing different costumes.

Could you reply if you get a Please Wait message or similar so we can crawl back to the drawing board, please?

Thanks for your patience! The guys have been working on this for days, so fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Simon

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Simon

Any news on an iPad app? That would stop all of us Apple users from moaning:))

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

simonjary

One other little problem.When click on your last post this is all I get.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/16/speakers-corner/4072390/please-wait-thanks-for-waiting/?pn=8#firstPost

If you open the thread normally it will work Ok but just trying to open your last post that is all you get.

It is no big deal but if you don't know about it you can't fix it.

Everything else seems to be working Ok.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Oops not working now all I get is your top post and nothing else.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

buteman - I reported that earlier in this thread. It is quite irritating and only applies to some threads and only Speakers Corner.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Woolwell

Yes I think it just happens when you want to open the last post first without having to open all of the pages.

Like you say it is a bit irritating and no doubt they will get round to it eventually.

Looks like they have fixed the Please wait and The service is unavailable problems.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Don't want to sound if I am whinging, but as anyone else noticed a slight difference to the sites 'error' problems?.

Twice this morning I 'posted' a response and the following page opened with the Samsung advert. Clicking on the 'skip' the page re-directed to my login page, which I completed, and was then re-directed to the post that I had just made?.

Like this post
James Hull

Likes # 1

@Spuds that's not an error. Last week you had to log in before you could post. As you have just seen, we have changed the process so that you longer have to be logged in before writing your post.

When you submitted your comment you were taken to the login screen and once you logged in, redirected back to your post - like you would have been had you been logged in before you submitted. The ad showing up was just an ad being served on the login page. Does that make sense?

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

James Hull

Your colleague simonjary believed that the errant Samsung Ad had been switched off however that is not the case. I still keep getting it randomly pop up.

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Guys, I'll check the Samsung ad status Monday morning.

There will be ads for Samsung, of course, just not the one that takes over the screen for a while.

(You might get it on the login screen, however.)

Simon

Like this post
Algerian peter

Likes # 0

It is getting very confusing.

I am logged in with username and password.

I reply to a posting.

I get the samsung advertisment

I have to log in again.

My reply to a post is then added.

What a very strange way to run a computer forum :-(

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen