We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Please Wait. Thanks for waiting.

simonjary

Likes # 0

Hi, everyone.

We think we've cracked the "Please Wait" annoyance, and have been testing all day. It seems to be fixed - or at least what we did to do the fix shouldn't knacker something else in the forums.

That's the theory, and we've tried in out on various browsers at different times and wearing different costumes.

Could you reply if you get a Please Wait message or similar so we can crawl back to the drawing board, please?

Thanks for your patience! The guys have been working on this for days, so fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Simon

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Not sure if its relevant, but I now found with Google Chrome, after completing a post then pressing 'Post'. 'Please Wait' no longer appears, it just freezes then Posts. That delay and no Please Wait' makes you think that the item might not post?.

Haven't bothered to try, if the same happens with other browsers.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

The same as just occured with the above posting, while waiting the screen 'browned over' before the article was shown on the website?.

Is there a site filter in operation?.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I thought that it might have been the new version of Firefox that was causing the problems[version6] or the ad-blockers that we use.

But a few members complaining of the large ad that they get and when PCA turn the ad off everything seems to work ok.

But back to its usual ways this morning Could not post using Firefox but managed to post with I/E

Like this post
¿ unsure ¿

Likes # 0

Just for information.

When trying to post in this thread

1: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/16/speakers-corner/4067315/pca-and-royal-mail-fail-me-again/ got two site errors. No problem as I copied and pasted the posting.

This thread also threw up a couple of site errors.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

I have tried posting threads with IE9 under Win7....The "Please wait" no longer appears, but the new error (Which we thought was iMac / iPad related does.

The large ad (And I have filled in the survey) Still appears under all browsers on all devicesand all OS's

Hope this helps...

Back to my iMac :))

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

It sort of comes and goes.Working Ok for me just now but after saying that this will probably not post.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

And it did.Working Ok at the moment.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

6 or 7 attempts (lost count) to post to the Chuggers thread with the following error message. IE7. Other posts within minutes have been OK

Site Error It appears the site had some difficulty proccessing your request and has errored internally.

An email has automatically been sent to technical support.

If you would like to tell us more about what occured please email at our webmaster address webmaster ([email protected])

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Firefox just updated to 6.0.1 so that might help with any problems or make it worse.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

I have not had one instance of the site error occurring when using FF6 with AdBlock, which is why I believed it may have been connected to the problem with the Samsung Advert

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room