We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Please Wait. Thanks for waiting.

simonjary

Likes # 0

Hi, everyone.

We think we've cracked the "Please Wait" annoyance, and have been testing all day. It seems to be fixed - or at least what we did to do the fix shouldn't knacker something else in the forums.

That's the theory, and we've tried in out on various browsers at different times and wearing different costumes.

Could you reply if you get a Please Wait message or similar so we can crawl back to the drawing board, please?

Thanks for your patience! The guys have been working on this for days, so fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Simon

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

No Wrong.

Just tried to post on the helproom and it took 6 attempts before I got it to post.

Kept getting this.

Site Error

It appears the site had some difficulty proccessing your request and has errored internally.

An email has automatically been sent to technical support.

If you would like to tell us more about what occured please email at our webmaster address webmaster (webmaster@pcadvisor.co.uk)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I've also had it once today. I've been posting a lot so forgot the time. Tried the back arrow a few times but had to refresh to get it to work. Been ok for a few hour now.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Working ok now.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Hard job trying to post on here using Firefox.

Tried posting a new thread in helproom and it would not work using Firefox.

Aso tried posting on here using Firefox with the same results.

So using I/E9 now and that seems to work.

Just wondered if your problems are anything to do with the adblocker that most of us use in Firefox.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not sure if it is my problem or not but cannot post on here using Firefox so will see if anyone else has the same problem from the Helproom.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Nope same problem using IE9 as well now.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/post/

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Seems okay, but the ad still appears all the time!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Hi Crosstrainer2

I don't get that ad that's why I suggested it may be a problem with those people using ad-blockers like myself.

No doubt they are still working on it.

I tried posting a thread on the Helproom to see if others were having the same problems but it would not post.

So will just have to wait and see if they can get it fixed.

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Hi, everyone. We're still looking into this. There appears to be an underlying problem that we thought we'd fixed, but it seems to be deeper.

We have taken the ad off all forums, so that might help - although I think the problem lies elsewhere.

Thanks for your patience,

Simon

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'