We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Please Wait. Thanks for waiting.

simonjary

Likes # 0

Hi, everyone.

We think we've cracked the "Please Wait" annoyance, and have been testing all day. It seems to be fixed - or at least what we did to do the fix shouldn't knacker something else in the forums.

That's the theory, and we've tried in out on various browsers at different times and wearing different costumes.

Could you reply if you get a Please Wait message or similar so we can crawl back to the drawing board, please?

Thanks for your patience! The guys have been working on this for days, so fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Simon

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It's not just from My Posts. It's happening on every post in Speakers Corner. I click to go to the latest post and all I get is the first post. happening with Chrome, Safari and Firefox. The other Forums are ok. Anyone else getting this?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I've noticed that clicking on a post link has gone back to using the same tab instead of opening a new one. (FF6)

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Woolwell - OK for me now IE7

Quickbeam - I noticed too but didn't like to say

Also getting this

Site Error It appears the site had some difficulty proccessing your request and has errored internally.

An email has automatically been sent to technical support.

If you would like to tell us more about what occured please email at our webmaster address webmaster (webmaster@pcadvisor.co.uk)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Ok for me this morning. It happened on my desktop and iPad. Odd.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Covergirl

Yes that is the same message that I was getting.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Simonjary

The issue with the Samsung Ad is worse than ever today when accessing the site on the iPad.

In the last few minutes it has appeared virtually every time i move between threads.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Problem is back again. Only seems to affect speakers corner.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Have been busy all week, but all seems well now

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Well, it's different...just got this...

SITE ERROR IT APPEARS THE SITE HAD SOME DIFFICULTY PROCCESSING YOUR REQUEST AND HAS ERRORED INTERNALLY.

AN EMAIL HAS AUTOMATICALLY BEEN SENT TO TECHNICAL SUPPORT.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TELL US MORE ABOUT WHAT OCCURED PLEASE EMAIL AT OUR WEBMASTER ADDRESS WEBMASTER (WEBMASTER@PCADVISOR.CO.UK)

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

We'll get on to this next week.

Also, we'll take the Samsung ad off the forums. It shouldn't appear more than once - could be an iPad thing.

Unfortunately this will have to wait till Tuesday, as the developers aren't back in the office till then.

Please Wait has gone, though, right?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)