We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Please Wait. Thanks for waiting.

simonjary

Likes # 0

Hi, everyone.

We think we've cracked the "Please Wait" annoyance, and have been testing all day. It seems to be fixed - or at least what we did to do the fix shouldn't knacker something else in the forums.

That's the theory, and we've tried in out on various browsers at different times and wearing different costumes.

Could you reply if you get a Please Wait message or similar so we can crawl back to the drawing board, please?

Thanks for your patience! The guys have been working on this for days, so fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Simon

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

glad to see its fixed at last well, done the web tech

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

well done Simon, and others involved...

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

Thanks Simon, I'll give it a test on my oddball system as I was getting it quite regularly, I would say every other posting. If it happens again, hopefully it won't, what information do you require? I take it the exact time might be required, but let us know.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Its ok.I hope you are receiving me loud and clear.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Working OK here.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

seems ok now to me! although i did get one yesterday? but ive just logged on the site and its ok! ty guys at PCA!!! you listened to us!!! :-)

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Not being quite so sycophantic,why has it taken so long? What about all the other so called improvements that just don't seem to quite work. Posting a link,adding a readable list without knowing that it is necessary to hit enter twice at the end of each line. Why has the ability to send a PM to someone been removed?

You seem to be solving problems/niggles but it seems to take an awful long time to do it.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

No wait this morning.Just would not post till about the 4th attempt.

I was posting on this thread.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/4072500/comodo-secure-dns-website-blocked/

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Been having a lot of Site Error today when posting seems to crash at, I think it says, reading ssgl.com

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Tried the forum out this evening. First post went through okay. Second post to another thread came back 'unable to find page', then on second attempt to same thread was redirected to Forum Page?.

Something still seems to be amiss?.

Found something else out, which might be of interest. Starting a new thread, and filling out the question. If you complete the 'tag' before finishing the thread, you cannot add to the thread, you need to delete the items in the tag, and put them back after thread completion (If that makes sense?).

Should mention that 'tag' issue is with XP and Google Chrome, haven't bothered to try other browsers or O/P's.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'