We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

We Are Getting Old

Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Some of this may well be a knee-jerk reaction. But I doubt it

I begin to feel my age as opposed to my shoe size?

Comments please

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

How many of you can Remember Comic Cuts, and a loaf of Bread for Six pence.

I see the other day about tablet Taking by Legolas who Gets my sympathy, but been there done that and take 14 Tabs a day for one thing and another 6 at morning 5 at noon and 3 at night.

creaking and cracking is most all I hear, and that's due to hearing Aids doing there job of informing me I am OLD.

Like this post
Bapou

Likes # 0

A group of seniors were sitting around talking about all their ailments.

"My arms have gotten so weak I can hardly lift this cup of coffee," said one.

"Yes, I know," said another. "My cataracts are so bad; I can't even see my coffee."

"I couldn't even mark an "X" at election time, my hands are so crippled," volunteered a third.

"What? Speak up! What? I can't hear you!"

"I can't turn my head because of the arthritis in my neck," said a fourth, to which several nodded weakly in agreement.

"My blood pressure pills make me so dizzy!" exclaimed another.

"I forget where I am, and where I'm going," said another.

"I guess that's the price we pay for getting old," winced an old man as he slowly shook his head.

The others nodded in agreement.

"Well, count your Blessings," said a woman cheerfully - - "thank God we can all still drive."

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The 'old man' 'Earl' ...who catches a cup of tea in slow motion... (he wears a snazzy yellow waist-coat, on a TV ad),...can do no wrong.The office 'girls' look very impressed! His keyboard skills are very good too. Well done Earl!

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Why worry, do what you can, perhaps strive for a little more than that.

You're still here. Enjoy it.

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Thanks, Bapou I did have a chuckle at that ... ;) Needed it!!! Cheers guys

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Sure sign when you start going to more funerals than weddings."

Or when the girls in the chemist start calling you by your Christian name, or you have to ask for a different time for a medical appointment, because you can't fit it in among all the others!

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

And when they do not ask for proof of age when asking for a concession ticket / entrance fee.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I was a bit stunned when I was talking to a quite mature person about something and she said "That was before my time"!

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Brumas I thought it was only me who had problems with mirrors

Things take longer to do now but I am no longer in a race to finish jobs, if they take 3 times as long does it matter as long as you can still do it.

For those of you with mobiles here are some texting short cuts for the mature person,

gglki= got to go laxative kicking in

waitt= who am I talking to

hgbmt= had good bowel movement today

gtgpml= got to go pacemaker battery low

btw= bring the wheelchair

bff= best friends funeral

atdzfb= at the doctors zimmer frame broke

fwiag= forgot were I am going

sdfwywmtgfs= sorry darling forgot what you wanted me to get from shop

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"And when they do not ask for proof of age when asking for a concession ticket / entrance fee"

Mind you, great morale boost when they do!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room