We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problems with PCA web site

octal
Resolved

Likes # 0

Often when I'm trying to reply to a post or start a new thread I keep getting this

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/9485/screenshotys.png

I have to make sure I copy the text before I post in case it gets lost, if I forget to copy it I end up not bothering post, it must be putting other people off posting as well.

Or is it just me getting this problem?

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

Sorry, maybe this should have been in the Helproom.

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

Send thoughts, don't worry it's not important.

Like this post  
buteman

Likes # 0

It has been like that since they opened the new browser.

Sometimes it will not post and if you don't copy it you sometimes loose it when you press refresh.

Never had your particular problem yet.Just the failure to post which they are still working on.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I use firefox & whenever I get a failure to post,I dont need copy the text just hit refresh & try again.It doesnt work with IE though,if I refresh the page it will delete my post.

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

This is what the link points to

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/1985/screenshotbm.png

They probably already know about it, hence my reasoning it isn't important because I'm sure it would have been fixed by now as it's been happening for some time now.

By the way, if I click OK it does delete my post and if I forget to saved it, poof, its gone.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Its not just you getting the problem. There is this problem and similar others regarding copy and paste and lost threads when posting, which have been passed onto PCA. I posted a request regarding correction updates to the new website last week, and was informed that there would be update replies the next day on individual problems that were being corrected. Haven't noticed any new information or further responses yet from PCA?.

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

We are looking into this, I assure you.

We thought we'd have answers to report last week, but this has dragged into another week, which is frustrating for all of us, I know!

We think we've isolated the problem and are working on the best solution. I spoke to our development guys about this today, and we hope to have a fix in the next few days.

Thanks for your patience!

Simon

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

Thank you for the feedback Simon.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features