We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

A Bit of Dignity

morddwyd

Likes # 0

Sally Bercow is reportedly in the next series of Big Brother.

I know it's the 21st century, and wives no longer have to subjugate themselves to their husband's career, but come on, he is the Speaker of the House of Commons, after all.

Doesn't that ancient and dignified office deserve a bit more respect?

God knows Mick Martin did it enough damage already.

And who can forget the oft repeated clips of that respected elected member George Galloway?

If the inhabitants (and she is one) of Westminster don't treat it with respect, why should the rest of the world?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

It's all about the money - Sally will be picking up 40,000 pounds.I would be tempted to 'degrade' myself for that too.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I am surprised hubby hasn't joined her..

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I hope the Jedward boys are allowed to keep their trademark hairdoos in good shape on the show..They are getting half a million each..hair-raising!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Sally appears to me to be a woman who has an exaggerated opinion of her own charms, and a desire for self-publicity.

No doubt she will live up to expectations in the Big Brother house, and come out with the occasional outrageous comment. I shall not be watching.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I watched one episode of the first Big Brother series,decided it was utter garbage & haven't watched since.Unfortunately for me,the local radio station's main DJ will often play clips of TV programs(including the "Hi,I'm Lucian mwah,mwah" from BB)so for the next few weeks/months,I'll be listening to absolutely any non-commercial radio stations.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Hasn't it been said recently that it the younger generation that only has the desire for the attention of instant fame and gratification?

I can see why an unknown nobody might sell their soul to the mass media's appetite for dross, but not why any reasonably well off person would forever want to be the subject of sneering disdain at a Speaker's dinner party.

Like this post
cream.

Likes # 0

When she appeared on * have I got news for you* I seem to remember she just grinned through the whole show and hardly uttered a word.

She should be ideal for BB.

I/we shall not be watching.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Samsung's best ever smartphones...

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review and the mystery of the processor benchmarks