We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lack of rain

carver
Resolved

Likes # 0

In Sheffield we have hardly had any rain for weeks and the grass in the fields are desperate for it and these lucky people get it all http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16052374 , yet again it seems the the South of England want it all.

Why don't they just share it out a bit more instead of taking every thing.

Like this post
cream.

Likes # 0

Wasn't Goole flooded out not so long ago click here

You could nip up to ladybower with a bucket.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Have some of ours, it's rained in North Lancs almost every weekend since May, and many of the week days as well. Really not had any prolonged decent weather since April...

Like this post
Edbanger

Likes # 0

Look over the Pennines to Gods country, we have had a lot more rain than normal.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

So much for us down south getting everything :-)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The little notch on my umbrella that keeps it up, has worn out because it has been raining so much in Glasgow this summer.

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 0

It's rained so much here in Bo'ness that the dog has webbed feet! Summer, where have you gone? Even the leaves are starting to turn brown already! Bumper crops of rowan berries which, they say, is a sign of a severe winter to come!

Like this post
peter99co

Likes # 0

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I hope the rain-water drains can handle the deluge.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

We've had so much rain, for so long here in North Northumberland, that I am seriously thinking of building an ark!!

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

As I said in my first post we have had nothing to speak off in the past 6 weeks where I live, it's right on the Yorkshire , Derbyshire border. We have just had a field cleared and rotavated and the soil is more like dust, it's more like walking on sand than soil.

The grass in our garden has not been cut for nearly 3 weeks (not because I'm lazy) in that time it's only grown about an 1 inch.

So why are you lot hogging all the water.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September