We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

sky news - Again!!

Housten

Likes # 0

Good afternoon,

I hope this is OK to ask, but has anyone else lost sky news from their 'ms gadget' desktop? it seemed to disappear yesterday, and I am just interested if others have noticed it missing!!

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean - what's ms gadget?

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

alan14

In Windows 7 there is a programme called 'Gadgets' - or something similar - which means you can place a clock, temperature, sky news and other stuff on your desktop. I used 'ms' instead of 'Microsoft' or as I have referred to them for many years 'The Great Satan!!' I hope this clears it up for you!

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Ahh

these widgets get their information from RSS feeds delivered by the website, probably the Sky News server feed has packed in.

I have a similar system on my Google home page with several web site feeds, and they occasionally stop working, if they're down for more than a day I delete the widget then re-download the widget and it usually fixes itself

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback