We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Final warning

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I hate doing this, but I'm left with little choice.

Despite my recent warning I regret to note that certain people persist in making derogatory personal comments about other forum users. I'm not naming names - they know who they are.

This is to make it perfectly clear that I'm not going to tolerate personal abuse of one person by another under any circumstances. By all means argue your point vigorously, express your opinion forcefully, contest another person's assertions - those are all legitimate ways of debating a topic, and we're here for that purpose.

Break the forum rule about personal abuse though, and you'll see your post deleted without warning or explanation. Do it repeatedly and you'll find yourself unable to log in to the forum. Those of you who have been previously warned will get no further reminders. It might sound harsh, but I'm tired of asking nicely and being ignored.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

"The Forum Editor's decision on such matters is final"

This sentence is at the top of the Speakers Corner forum index page and I think it says it all.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Covergirl

You left out the bit that states what the 'such matters' are that the FE's decision is final on, for your information it was referring to...

"we don't condone religious intolerance, sexism, racism, bad language, personal abuse, partisan politics or libellous statements."

How in your opinion does that refer to me and how does it 'say it all'?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"I don't have any choice in the matter"

You do have a choice.

Get over it, or go elsewhere.

Among others I have had a post about an establishment offering a 10% discount deleted, and I didn't even name the establishment.

He runs the forum and if you don't like the way he does it, vote with your feet.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 1

FE "it takes two people to make an argument turn nasty"

I agree with that, it does take two, and I apologised early in this thread because I accepted it was myself and another who precipitated your displeasure.

However, as I pointed out, the other 'wrong un' (to quote another poster) goes merrily on and obviously feels that it only takes 'one' - and it's never him - thus accepting no responsibility for the fracas.

Therein, the explanation of much of the cause of people's ire.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Macscouse. Regret to say that I am "on the Waggon" and don't think there is much chance of getting off it until after I see the consultant again which is in November. So can you put the "Dark and Stormy" on ice please?

Brumas! What did your mum tell you about chewing the pages in that dictionary? I bet you swallowed some of them. Serves you right.

Hope you two enjoyed your afternoon nap. That's where I am off to right now because I am up early in the morning. Off on a little trip out for the day with another gang of old fogies. Have a nice day....

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

My thanks to everyone who responded - positively or negatively.

I've made my point, and now I'm sure we have more interesting stuff to discuss.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia