We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Final warning

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I hate doing this, but I'm left with little choice.

Despite my recent warning I regret to note that certain people persist in making derogatory personal comments about other forum users. I'm not naming names - they know who they are.

This is to make it perfectly clear that I'm not going to tolerate personal abuse of one person by another under any circumstances. By all means argue your point vigorously, express your opinion forcefully, contest another person's assertions - those are all legitimate ways of debating a topic, and we're here for that purpose.

Break the forum rule about personal abuse though, and you'll see your post deleted without warning or explanation. Do it repeatedly and you'll find yourself unable to log in to the forum. Those of you who have been previously warned will get no further reminders. It might sound harsh, but I'm tired of asking nicely and being ignored.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I apologise if it was my robust argument with another member that got Colonel Graham's recent quite worthy thread deleted.

One thing I have noticed though is that when a thread is deleted the link still appears in My Posts - is there a bug in the forum software that prevents the deleting of links. If I click the link I just go to your 404 page http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/?event=Main.Error404

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

FE
You sound just like your Father! This can be considered as a compliment.

Like this post
Armchair

Likes # 0

Finally weeding out the wrong 'uns, eh? Good stuff.

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

Fe, some may think that you are just following the PM's approach to the "broken society". The difference, of course, is that you know what you are talking about and have straightforward sanctions to apply.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

FE

Some of us are actually good friends as you have no doubt deduced. Our gentle ribbing of each other is probably a carry over from our service days when little "Gotcha's" ended up by going out to the local pub together for a good laugh.

I can't help thinking that more of the members of this forum should simmer down and try to inject more humour in to the proceedings. Arguing only leads to abuse of some kind.

Brumas and Macscouse are too old to argue of course....

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Alan14 - Keep contributing to threads and the deleted thread will move to page 2. That's what happened to the Councillor Lee Rowley thread which is still in my list.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 1

Brumas and Macscouse must be having their afternoon nap in their "Retirement Home for the Bewildered".

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Bingalau, yes, they probably got the 'Please Wait' message...

On a more sombre note, I too refrain from posting on a lot of the Threads because of the petty squabbles.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi FE

I too recently had a post removed from a thread called..."Did violent video games cause London riots?" Although I can understand that a Forum has to have rules. Still, I feel that if it decided that a post should be removed then the person who posted it should be informed as to the reason. As you have already said it isn't the policy of PCA to do so, why not? I thought that my piece although a little radical, was bang on the money. Apart from that I saw no problem with it?

I feel that a personal email as to the reason for a posting being removed wouldn't go amiss. More than that, it would leave the author in no doubt as to the reason. If on the other hand there were 20+ removals a day, then I can see why this wouldn't - from your point of view - be practical.

I look forward to reading your thoughts on this suggestion.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Bingalau, I am a reformed person and I have now seen the error of my ways. In my crusade to inject some verisimilitude into my frequent personal diatribes I realise that life is too short and you, being 103 years old, need all the kindness and understanding you can get.

As for Macscouse, I cannot comment but I suspect too that he is also under the impression that you are not such a bad stick after all - for an ex-bootie that is! ;o}}

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014