We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Final warning

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I hate doing this, but I'm left with little choice.

Despite my recent warning I regret to note that certain people persist in making derogatory personal comments about other forum users. I'm not naming names - they know who they are.

This is to make it perfectly clear that I'm not going to tolerate personal abuse of one person by another under any circumstances. By all means argue your point vigorously, express your opinion forcefully, contest another person's assertions - those are all legitimate ways of debating a topic, and we're here for that purpose.

Break the forum rule about personal abuse though, and you'll see your post deleted without warning or explanation. Do it repeatedly and you'll find yourself unable to log in to the forum. Those of you who have been previously warned will get no further reminders. It might sound harsh, but I'm tired of asking nicely and being ignored.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Tangalooma_2006

Your wish is my command.

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

And lock it? It doesn't really need much debating does it?

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I hope this doesn't mean that Brumas and Macscouse have been banned for their incessant ribbing of poor old me?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I suspect that "poor old you" is quite capable of giving as good as you get, and you do not need the FE's protection.

Now fourmember's incessant attacks on my fully reasoned arguments are a different matter entirely!

(Sorry FE, not trying to make light of your point, just a bit of leavening)

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

FE

Apologies from me, but it is difficult not to rise to fourm member's incessant bait and some of the personal things he says (like the one's I mentioned in my deleted post) - but he seems well aware that he has your 'ear' and agreement on many (if not most) topics and hence it more likely that others would get the boot before him. So he goes merrily on.

If this is the case, I will refrain from further posting in Speaker's Corner.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

"fully reasoned arguments"

From an Armourer??!!!!

Like this post
john 52

Likes # 0

I had a post removed ( my crime was to suggest that I would refrain from posting so not to offend FORUM MEMBER) . If a poster wishes to choose a forum name that if you read quickly can be misconstrued to a posters forum name is that my fault perhaps the FE made the same mistake when he deleted that part of the post ??.

Some of us hold very strong opinions and we are being censored into the reply we give because we know it will just turn into a point scoring dogfight and your personal opinion will just be stamped upon if your thoughts do not fit into the mindset of certain posters.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

FE - what about a yellow card, then a red one, then in the 'Slammer' for a week...

Like this post
john 52

Likes # 0

What about having our old age pension stopped for a week if we offend and if you offend again make it a month :-}

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

spider9

Once and for all - no one person has "my ear" any more than you do, or any other forum member. Try to understand that and remember it.

It's inevitable in a discussion forum that certain people will hold broadly similar views on certain topics, and there's no point in letting that fact colour your thinking. Take part in discussions with an open mind, or allow yourself to be swallowed up by your personal dislike of someone else - the choice is entirely yours. Throughout the 11 year life of the forum we have seen many personal animosities fester and grow, and in most cases there has been a watershed. Perhaps this is yours - it takes two people to make an argument turn nasty, and if you're not one of them....

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......