We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Jailed MP has rolex stolen in prison

Algerian peter
Resolved

Likes # 0

How stupid can you be, taking a rolex into a prison and letting the inmates know you have it.

Will he sue for the loss of his watch or for being mugged in prison? He might walk away with more than he swindled in false morgauge payments.

Like this post
Algerian peter

Likes # 0

The story link text

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

As you say he is stupid at worst and naive at best.And he is an MP??? The mond boggles.

Like this post  
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

man has got to be 100% stupid,may have been bought on expences paid for by the tax payer

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

" To be honest, none of the other prisoners could believe he’d been stupid enough to bring a Rolex into the prison.’ "

Gives a new meaning to the phrase thick as thieves...

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

Perfect example of 'Daily Mail' journalism - how on earth must the private sexual preferences of the Governor become included in this story of theft of a watch?

Or is it now vying for the newsbase vacated by NOTW!!

Disgraceful.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Most Members of Parliament do not live in the real world. I can give lots of examples, but my better judgement says I'd better not criticize them here.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

fourm member

Spot on, yourself!!

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

AitchBee

"...but my better judgement says I'd better not criticize them here."

Pray tell us why not.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Do I detect a bit of gloating here?

The guy has been convicted and sentenced (though nothing like long enough in my opinion), but that sentence did not include confiscation of assets.

Like any other citizen he is as entitled to protection on the inside, just as he is on the outside.

Having said that I have no hesitation in bluntly saying "Serves him right"

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

morddwyd

I agree with most of what you say, but slightly disagree about the length of sentence. Regardless of the actual length of the term, his life will have been shattered already and he will be aware the rest of his days will be clouded by this conviction.

For this to happen to a 'public' figure is far more devastating than for a 'regular' recividist.

So, while having no truck with his crime, and welcoming his incarceration, I wouldn't necessarily agree that he should have got even longer - simply adding to the taxpayers losses.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia