We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Would You?

bremner
Resolved

Likes # 0

Click here Mr Flynn doesn't float my boat how about you?

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

They, as individuals, may not.

But Power does ~ In spades

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

As wee eddie say's, it's got to be the power....He's no oil painting is he? LOL

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I know a couple of MPs and they have no magnetism of any kind...

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I can't think of any female MP's who would float my boat either. In fact I wouldn't want to work very close to any of them. Some of them are really dowdy. Maybe I should have said "most of them are really dowdy".

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I couldn't care less what an MP looks like; they're not elected to look good. As for sexual magnetism, I'm sure that some of them have it, and some of them don't.

Powerful people can certainly be attractive to the opposite sex, simply because of that, although I think the power/attraction thing works mainly when the powerful person is male - I've never felt attracted to a woman just because she was powerful and influential.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

What do M.P.'s do? I know there are about seven hundred of the aforementioned. Some of them appear on PMQ on TV. They are all career-orientated, money-grabbing, egotistical, individuals who were good at debating at school.Some end up as leaders of our country.Does anyone beg to differ? Mr Speaker I'm off to the pub.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I've never felt attracted to a woman just because she was powerful and influential.

I have,but I also feel intimidated so wont even venture close enough to start conversation.

Like this post
Colin

Likes # 0

Bernie Eccleston is a good example.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Coiln

Surely you mean "Mrs Eccelestone, what first attracted you to the billionaire Bernie"

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

What I want to know about parliament and MP's is... Why do they bob up and down at Question Time, I'm sure they already know who is going to be called to speak. They even bob up and down after the Speaker has called the name of the MP who is next up. But there must be a reason. Can anybody enlighten me please?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......