We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

We're reviewing ...the situation...your electricity prices will increase.

Aitchbee
Resolved

Likes # 0

...surprise surprise! ...from 1st of August 2011. 'Important information about your energy prices' from ..Scottish Power - 'The Energy People'. 'My energy use for last year was 2027kwh (previous 12 months).' 'My estimated charge for same usage (next 12 months) is 381.82 pounds.' What are your electricty bills for a year. ( don't include gas bills) It's about a pound a day for me.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

AitchBEE

You cannot just look at electricity usage on it's own.

You may only use electricity for house lights, and gas/oil for your heating, whereas I might have total electric central heating with no gas or oil bills. You would then have a tiny electric bill, I would have an enormous one - how could that have any meaningful comparison?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

spider9 - ok. my equivalent gas bill is about 60 pence a day.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Combined gas & electric was about £150/quarter. Most recent bill was £170 for April May June. Sorry can't separate as the bills are at home and this is from memory.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Covergirl - you are about the same as me 1.60 a day for Gas + Electricity.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

£4.30 a day - all electric (£130 pm)

Was very similar in old house with Gas and Electric - £120 -£130 pm

Like this post
¿ unsure ¿

Likes # 0

£150 a month combined but are just about to get 12 solar panels fitted, for free, to a 20 metre south facing roof. This will turn the DC electricity to AC and will cut down our energy bills. :-)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

To all responders:- I think the cost per day gives you a better idea of your daily energy costs. What you use is what you pay.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Dick Tattor - let us know how you get on with your solar panels. I would like to install some panels on my verandah which is south-west facing.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

bremner - you are a relatively big energy consumer.(to me that is).HB

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

But figures given in isolation are meaningless - one person may have a one-room flat, another a 5-bed detached house and so their energy use will be totally different, also there may be six people living in one and a lone tenant in the other.

There are so many imponderables to be able to sensibly compare bald electric figures.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best camera phone of 2015: iPhone 6 Plus vs LG G4 vs Galaxy S6 vs One M9 vs Nexus 6

IDG UK Sites

In defence of BlackBerrys

IDG UK Sites

Why we should reserve judgement on Apple ditching Helvetica in OS X/iOS for the Apple Watch's San...

IDG UK Sites

Retina 3.3GHz iMac 27in preview: Apple cuts £400 of price of Retina iMac with new model