We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The punishment fits the crime - foam pie attacker v RED card thug.

Aitchbee
Resolved

Likes # 0

The sentencing (six weeks) of the 'comedian' will make him a legend in his own lunchtime. Yet some footballer's get away with a 2 match ban or a fine for more vicious repetitive assaults.Both are in the entertainment business.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

dagbladet - The seriousness of each crime is non-debateable. The punishments are.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

fourm member - the clues are in post heading and my initial meanderings.

Like this post
dagbladet

Likes # 0

Yeah, I'm lost again. And for that reason, as the Dragons say, I'm out.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

AitchBEE

Any violent activity on a football pitch is a civil matter, nit for the police or courts to deal with.

If the injured player or their teams wants to press charges they can.

If the FA wanted to take the matter more seriously they could, but apparently they don't.

If violence on the football field offends you stay away from any kind of football, be it premier league or the vastly more violent Sunday leagues.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I have not been to a football match for 40 years. The famous foam-pie recipient did not want to press charges. It's a funny old game.

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

You play football at a professional level you agree to abide by the rules of the professional game which includes a tariff of punishments for foul play. Ocassionally, where that foul play has gone beyond that considered tolerable for a contact sport, the police have become involved - Duncan Fergusson's headbutt of a player while playing for Rangers springs to mind (he received a custodial sentence in Barlinnie for that).

Outside of football, you assault someone, whether you be a football player or a visitor to a parliamentary enquiry, you break the law and must face the consequences. Yes the court seemed to deal with the guy harshly, but as has already been said, the courts like to be seen to protect the establishment.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features