We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Football Prices and Pies

Bingalau
Resolved

Likes # 0

How do Arsenal get away with charging £4 for a pie? Is it better quality than those sold in other stadia? Is there perhaps, some meat in it? Looking at the list of prices to attend a football match these days I am glad I passed my season ticket on to my son, way back in 1980... By the way I can remember when members of Her Majesty's forces could get half price admission to matches. That was during and for a short period after WW2 of course, I used to wear my army cadet uniform (Liverpool Scottish) uniform and get in for 10 old pence.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

If you think that's high, try a good seat and some strawberries and cream at Wimbledon!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

A gentleman's singles match could last for 3 or 4 hours with no half time 20 minute malarkey breaks they have at every football matches. I would gladly pay 100 pounds for a good seat for a quarter-final's men's match. (Andy Murray included!) - morddywd.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

[The yearly BBC licence fee looks cheap]

It was years ago when you could watch all live sport for the price of a TV Licence.

Anyhow I suppose £4 for a pie is worth it when you can see a different class of football from Arsenal.

They may not be as good as they were but always a delight to watch.

The easiest way to get the money out of your pocket is Fags Booze and Football.

Then off course there is Her Indoors who gets the rest.

Then you could also look back.

Today £4 for a Pie.

50 years ago 80 Pints pints of beer for the same amount.Plus free sport on the TV.

Footballers wages were capped at £20 a week in those days.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features