We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Football Prices and Pies

Bingalau
Resolved

Likes # 0

How do Arsenal get away with charging £4 for a pie? Is it better quality than those sold in other stadia? Is there perhaps, some meat in it? Looking at the list of prices to attend a football match these days I am glad I passed my season ticket on to my son, way back in 1980... By the way I can remember when members of Her Majesty's forces could get half price admission to matches. That was during and for a short period after WW2 of course, I used to wear my army cadet uniform (Liverpool Scottish) uniform and get in for 10 old pence.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Are you by chance a Yorkshireman Four Yorkshireman

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

In my experience the pies, burgers, hotdogs etc available at sporting venues are the cheapest and lowest quality available and imaginable. Served with the sloppiest of poor standards to people that think that's all OK.

How do they get away with it? Easy with a captive customer base. I'll be going to Edgbaston in a couple of weeks, but with cricket, it's normal to roll up with your picnic hamper for the day.

We're much more civilised!

Well sometimes...

Like this post  
Colin

Likes # 0

It's not compulsory to buy them. I assume plenty of people do buy them so the club sees no reason to reduce the price.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

If you don't mind paying the entrance fee I don't think you can grumble about the price of a pie.

Just think when everyone else is struggling to make a living and survive with what they get,Footballers wages go up and up and up.

And who's fault is that.The supporters of course who part with their cash at the turnstiles.

And of course you get the ones that earn to much and don't want to pay the full amount of tax that they should so have ways around it.

You can't blame the players just those that support them.

Some of them getting more in one week than the prime minister gets in a full year.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

A mug of Marmite or Bovril must be a couple of quid then.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Maybe football fans would be better off taking their own grub and drinks in a backpack. But of course they wouldn't be allowed inside the ground with that. So rolling up with a picnic hamper would really get the authorities going bonkers.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

bremner, no I am a very proud Scouser. Born and bred in what was then a slum area, (Walton) but now upgraded by a lifetime of hard work etc., to live in the posh part of Liverpool (Formby).

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

P.S. I think Macscouse was probably from a worse area than me, so he has also worked hard and now he's ended up in a posh part of a posh country. Scotland. (With a posh L.H.O. to boot).

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Bingalau - Who is the 'Pie Manager' at Arsenal? Get 'Desperate Dan' in pronto. I heard he 'rustles up' a mean pie.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

£4 does seem a little on the high side, but they still sell plenty of them, and the couple I've had when I've been there have been delicious.

The Arsenal fish and chips are the best I've ever tasted.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

You're never alone with a clone: How the App Store got taken over by copycats

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded